Frequently Asked Questions
How do I clean my mask?
We recommend hand-washing with a gentle detergent and warm water to remove dirt, makeup and grease from the outer layers. Rinse and hang to dry.
Machine laundering may reduce useful life.
While drying, we suggest hanging it in the sun to disinfect using the sun's natural UV rays!
We always recommend rotating mask, wear one, and wash one!
What is the Airific mask made out of?
The Airific is a 3-layer mask.
The middle layer is an electrospun nanofiber filter which captures all airborne particles — even the smallest particles. It is certified to filter down to 100 nanometers (0.1 micron) with a 96% filtration efficiency.
Nanofibers are incredibly small fibers whose cross sections have diameters that are less than 1/1000th the diameter of a human hair. These nanofibers form a spider web-like structures which have dramatic advantages over conventional and natural filters due to their massive surface area, large numbers of pores, and tiny pore size.
Each mask filter is less than 1 mm thick but contains over 25km (15 miles) of nanofiber.
The inner and outer layers are made of all-natural fabrics — cotton, linen, or flax.
Why did we use a nanotechnology filter in a mask?
Our nanotechnology filter enables us to offer two critically important mask features:
Extremely high filtration efficiency for nanoparticulates, both when inhaling and when exhaling. This provides protection to you and to the people around you (we have a certification from Nelson Labs USA to substantiate the same)
- Extremely low breathing resistance – Comfort is of utmost importance when wearing a mask for 6–10 hours per day, and especially for staff and students for whom wearing a mask for 6–10 hours per day is the new normal.
What are the safety procedures for handling a mask?
- Wash your hands with soap or sanitizer before and after you touch your mask.
- Touch the mask only from the ear loops to wear and remove it.
- Avoid touching the outer or inner face of the mask since it may be contaminated.
- In case you do come in contact with these surfaces, wash your hands with soap, or use hand sanitizer immediately.
How can I disinfect the Airific mask from the viruses?
- Place the mask in the sun during the day, or air it in a fanned room in order to dry all the moisture on the mask.
- Use a UV sterilizer.
Note that washing a mask does not sterilize it.
How do we know when an Airific mask needs to be discarded?
You will find it difficult to breathe through the mask, because breathing resistance will increase.
What is the life of Airific Mask?
Airific masks are good for months of use in regular conditions. The longer it is worn in dirty air conditions, the useful life diminishes. For those instances, up to 300 hours use in conditions up to 150 Air Quality Index (AQI).